Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Day 85 - (AD 308) - Jim's Trek Part II - The Sequel - 22.0 Miles - Now I Truly Don't Know Where I Am In Arizona on My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

Hallelujah! Alleluia! My desktop PC has finally returned. And it is in exactly the same working order as it was before the surge from the Tampa Electric Company zapped my hard drive. You cannot imagine my relief.  As everything was still under warranty I do not have the headaches of filing reams of qualifying paperwork.  And that definitely proves one thing, I do get myself set in some routines.

And on the 308th day of Jim's Trek I have cycled another 22.0 miles increasing the total miles cycled on my Schwinn 150 to 6,064.7.


Where I am in Arizona, I still cannot answer, The Google Maps photo truck appears to not have made it to my current virtual location. According to the satellite image I am travelling in a southeasterly direction on Alamo Road, Highway 15. I am coming up to the intersections of E Cholla Drive and S Six Shooter Road. Again from the Google image these all look like unpaved dirt roads. And I just keep trekking onto my next Interlake address which I believe is about another 1,152 miles to the east.

My video travelling companion is now the seventh season of The West Wing.  The current episode is the Presidential debate, Jimmy Smits and Alan Alda.  I wonder how many persons can watch this episode and NOT forget that the show is fiction.

I have been working with Julia Cameron's book, The Artist's Way. In one of the readings she discusses "Perfectionism" and writes "Perfectionism has nothing to do with getting it right. It has nothing to do with fixing things. It has nothing to do with standards. Perfectionism is a refusal to let yourself move ahead..." And you can imagine my reaction. Definitely something for me to think about and ponder for a while.

Les Brown, the motivational speaker not the Les Brown the bandleader, aptly states to "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss it you will land among the stars." Maybe my Trek is that shooting for my moon?

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment