Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Day 79 - (AD 302) - Jim's Trek Part II - The Sequel - 21.7 Miles - This Desert Heat On My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

Today I cycled 21.7 miles on my Schwinn 150. And yes I am still cycling and getting my dose of cardio-what-ya-ma-call-it exercise. I burned 623 calories and I'm averaging about 628 a day.


I am virtually located on CA-62 E in the desert and I am about 77 miles from my next Interlake address goal. Happenstance, sort of a synchronicity, when my virtual trip location in the California desert is just about the location where this morning's episode of The West Wing was plotting out for proposed placement of solar panels. All I know is that fuel pump prices in Tampa seem to be headed in a downward direction these days.

And St. Anthony must keep following me on this virtual trip. It appears that he is the patron saint of the desert and of bacon, albeit pigs. I will not follow with any "hot-enough-to-fry-eggs" liturgies.

You know when you are definitely in Florida and trying to have a quiet restaurant meal when two almost elderly couples take the table beside you, have forgotten their hearing aids, and begin and continue a dialogue, loud enough for all ears. The topic of conservation is about every, and the history of all, their ailments and medical visits and afflictions.

And I just wanted to enjoy my Panang Curry.

This morning's episode of The West Wing is number 115 of 154. Even though I have 39 more to go I have to now start thinking of my next viewing-cycling companion... Maybe Warehouse 13?

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment