Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Day 78 - (AD 301) - Jim's Trek Part II - The Sequel - 22.4 Miles - 5,900 Miles On My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

This morning's cycling on my Schwinn 150 equalled 22.4 miles. And today I have reached the 5,900th mile; my total 5,911.5. After 301 days of cycling I finally noticed that there has been some change to my chubby face from about a year ago. I think the big deal has been the loss of 11 inches on my waist, and it looks like all my drawers have to be taken in.


I am located in a desert somewhere in the southeastern part of California.  I am on;CA-62 E/Desert Center Rice Road and about 57 miles to the Arizona State border.

A very close friend of mine made mention some time ago that I may be trying to channel Forrest Gump. Of course I took that as a positive compliment... And so I have been trying to learn the associated theme music on my Yamaha, not cycle, but piano and synthesizer. Does not sound half bad, but not ready for the concert halls of the world.

First stages of the kitchen reconstruction began this morning. Day One checked off the calendar.

Replacement drive for my main PC has finally arrived. Three week trip from Idaho. Now comes the compatibility rewrites to work with Windows 8 and Linux. I need my PC.

Work continues on our Tampa Kaleidoscope quilt. Blumish Two and Cosmo's Moon are currently on display this weekend, October 10 - 12, at the MQX Quilt Festival - Pacific Northwest in Portland, Oregon. Our schedule now includes 24 projects all at various stages of design and construction.

The second band of our Vanderbilt afghan is currently under construction. All colors have been chosen. Now I will be working on the actual design as I go.


My attempt on Scotch Bonnet Pepper Sauce changed on the make. I bottled five pints of Scotch Bonnet Pepper Spread. And if I say so myself not bad on a salami and cheese roll-up. A wee bit hot, but not bad.


Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment