Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Day 91 – (AD 314) – Jim’s Trek Part II – The Sequel – 21.2 Miles – Prescott, Arizona On My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

Today I cycled 21.2 miles on my Schwinn 150.


This morning I have now made it to Whipple Street in the City of Prescott, Arizona. The population of Prescott is about 40,000. I am currently heading west toward Campbell Street.

I received some good news from my meeting with my Cardiologist. My cholesterol levels are very good and my triglyceride count is at 179, a very commendable reduction from topping at more than 450 over a year ago. I’m just shy of the normal point of less than 150 and this now is my next goal. Hurray for the cycling on my Schwinn 150. In 314 days 6,193.7 miles.

Watched two movies last night. The first, Old Joy (2006), takes place in Portland and on the outskirts in Oregon.  Two friends take a car trip to a hot springs. The other movie, Funkytown (2011) starts in 1976 in Montreal, Quebec.  It is about the immediate lives of a number of Montrealers as they are affected by the Disco craze and the period just before entrenchment by the Parti Québécois. 

I haven't as yet found a video companion for my Trek, but I am going continue to search. This morning I watched the documentary Fall From Grace (2007). All-things-being-equal I did learn that the Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kansas, consists primarily of members of the closed-minded leader’s large family.

The kitchen is still in a state of construction and confusion. It certainly does not lend itself in any way to an environment of creative cuisine. This afternoon I think I will make a batch of Scotch Bonnet Beer Chili Sauce. Who knows how that will turn out? Both the SB Paste and the SB Relish are keepers. Check out my creations at Jim’s Gotta Eat.

We received notice that our Cosmo's Moon quilt and wall hanging did receive a Faculty Award at the MQX Quilt Festival - Pacific Northwest 2013 in Portland, Oregon.  Thank you Rick Taylor.

Tomorrow I reach my 6,200 mark on my Schwinn 150 and I have only about 1,033 miles to my next Interlake address goal point.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment