Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, October 21, 2013

Day 89 - (AD 312) - Jim's Trek Part II - The Sequel - 22.0 Miles - There Are Hills on My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

This morning I cycled 22.0 miles on my Schwinn 150… and yes this is not a recording. This is my morning Trek, Jim’s Trek.

I am now currently on my 312th day of my cycling journey and on the 89th day of my return from Seattle to Tampa. I am still amazed at myself that I have not become bored with this repeated event of my daily routine. In two months I will begin my 63rd year and I wonder how many miles I will have cycled and where I will be in my virtual journey.


Today I am located and headed in a northwesterly direction on AZ-89 N. I am at an intersection of AZ-89, Date Creek and Stanton Roads. It doesn't look like it rains much around here and I can definitely see that I will shortly be climbing upwards. I do believe that Weaver Peak is somewhere to the left of the road.

Last night I threw together a Shrimp and Egg Noodle Salad. I made the Salad of some ingredients I found in my freezer, refrigerator and pantry. It was so damn good that I had to have a second plate… not just a second helping, a second bloody plate. And my morning fasting blood sugar count jumped up 10 points to 101 mg/dL, my calculated A1c equals 5.08%.

Work on band three of our new Vanderbilt afghan continues. As the design continues I have decided on three initial bands of the Caron color Lace. The quilting on our Longarm to our Tampa Kaleidoscope continues. We have started a new commissioned quilt and the chosen fabrics will make this new quilt sing.

I am still in Season Seven of The West Wing. The episodes are now highlighting the transitional period of the newly elected President. I can now understand the writing and developmental reasons for terminating the series at the end of this season. My choice for my next viewing companionship while I cycle? Any suggestions?

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment