Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, October 11, 2013

Day 80 - (AD 303) - Jim's Trek Part II - The Sequel - 21.7 Miles - Still in The Desert On My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

This morning, surrounded by six members of The Rat Pack, I completed another 21.7 miles on my Schwinn 150. Total miles in 303 days, 5,954.9.


I am just 13 miles from the Parker, Arizona and I'm headed east on CA-62 E. I'm still in California and I certainly did not realize the vastness of the desert. Certainly pays mind to Hammond's and Hazelwood's 1972 "It Never Rains in Southern California".

Update on PC fix this morning: data transfer is still in progress. Should be returned in another day. And then my notebook appears to be going on the fritz. What would I be doing without the use of electronics? I wonder?

Began some new work on my Smith genealogy. I have begun sifting and searching through documents from the Grenada archives, via microfilm from the Family History Library.  The initial documents with Smith references are dated between 31 August 1797 and 11 July 1801. My goal is to find some shred of evidence and possible referrals to my three-times great-grandfather James Smith. I need my PC.

Currently working on the new designs for two new quilts: The Bird Cage and GPS. The Bird Cage is based on JG's construction of extraordinary bird houses. GPS is an inspiration of the art of GK. Who knows where these will lead? Details to follow on Quilts SB, when I get my PC back.

Thank you CJM for the prodding this morning.
I am in competition with no one. I have no desire of playing the game of being better than anyone. I am simply trying to be better than the person I was yesterday.


And I love the Scotch Bonnet Pepper Spread.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment