Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Day 87 - (AD 310) - Jim's Trek Part II - The Sequel - 21.0 Miles - 6,107.2 Miles on My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

And on this 310th day of my Trek on my Schwinn 150 I cycled another 21.0 miles. Today I topped 6,107.2 miles. and I am currently cycling a daily average of 19.7 miles.

My goal on my virtual Trek is to cycle the equivalent number of miles from Tampa, Florida to Seattle, Washington and back again. This is Jim's Trek.

I began my Trek without any knowledge of what would happen to me, both mentally and physically, during and at the finish of my journey.  Well I have now, on the 310th day, reduced my waist from an original 44 inches by 11 inches. I have, more or less, got my diabetes under control and have not been taking any diabetic medication for three months. Mentally I have now embedded my daily cycling as a routine part to the start of my day.


I am currently located, via Google Maps, southwest of Bagdad, Arizona and I am headed in a southeasterly direction along US-93 S.

Aaron Sorkin's "walk and talk" creative methodology certainly is highlighted in this past episode of The West Wing.  The Presidential candidates are on the road and the speed of movement and delivery of both action and words is mindboggling.  Watching while on my Schwinn 150 certainly helps me to keep up to a good pace.

The second band of my new Vanderbilt afghan has been finished.  Number three has now begun.  The quilting of our Tampa Kaleidoscope continues.  We have begun designing a newly commissioned quilt the KJ 2013.  Check out both Afghans SB and Quilts SB for progress and details.


I picked another two dozen Scotch Bonnets today.  Am looking at making some Beer Hot Sauce.  Stay tuned to Jim's Gotta Eat.

Question: Is it a norm for factions of social groups to delineate themselves into self-appointed elitist strata?

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment