Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, December 11, 2015

Day 101 – (AD 1,006) – 24.0 Miles – Jim's Trek Part IV – On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I cycled 24.0 miles on my Schwinn 170. And now my totals stand at 21,316.2 miles; 34,305.2 kilometers.

I definitely wanted to be off the beaten path today. Google has me located at Località Crova, 18/b, 16030 Moneglia GE, Italy.



Am glad that I do not have to be looking for an gas station. But I sure could just “get-away” to some place like this.

To think that I followed a professional career in banking and finance that I enjoyed but was cut short just about 16 years ago. (Some people just do not understand the color red.)  But on the other hand I could be counting Yuans somewhere off the Google map.

In Quartz the following article written by Zheping Huang definitely caught my eye. “The Disappeared – China’s top bankers who “disappeared,” were detained, or died unnaturally this year”…

Went to my Optometrist this morning; annual eye examine.

I am sitting in the waiting area, my eyes dilated. Beside and to my right, two seats over an elderly woman is sitting in a quasi-stupor of dilation. Next thing a cell phone rings; a bloody loud ring-a-ring from somewhere in the depths of her purse. She starts. She fumbles. She un-zips her purse; the phone has now chimed in audible glory at least 10 times. She takes up her communication device. She squints as she reads the mini-screen. Phone is moved to her ear.

Hello. Hello. I can’t hear you. My eyes are dilated.

She continues to discuss last night’s meat dish for her husband she cooked last night.

Good bye.” The phone is returned to the zippered confines of her purse.

And across, facing, from our wait chairs, a blatant sign screams, in silence. “Please Turn off you cell phone. Thank you!”

Bloody hell… IT rings again. And my eyes are still dilated.



Mini-Muffins, Wildberry. Out of the oven. Challenge #2 batch.



This is my 1,087th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 81,302 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address.)

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment