Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, December 4, 2015

Day 95 – (AD 1,000) – 23.7 Miles – Jim's Trek Part IV – Yeah, 1,000 Days Pedaling On My Schwinn Fitness Cycles

Good Day,

This is my 1,000th day pedaling on my Schwinn Fitness cycles.



Today on my Schwinn 170 I cycled 23.7 miles. One could say that after 3 years I've created another habit. And I had to keep telling that little red JKLS, who sits on my left shoulder, that I could and would do it.

My grand totals – 21,174.9 miles; 34,077.8 kilometers.

This morning I am located at 1493-2287 Route de la Moyenne Corniche, 06320 Cap-d'Ail, France.



I am 1.4 miles from my next destination and goal point. I never thought I would see this place in my dreams…even though I shall accept my virtual dreams, in my imagination.

My word for today is “imagination”.

The faculty or action of forming new ideas, or images or concepts of external objects not present to the senses; the ability of the mind to be creative or resourceful.

A headline of The News Courier of Athens, Alabama caught my eye – “Church stages drive-thru Nativity” (by Adam Smith – no relationship).  “Nativity scenes are commonplace in homes, businesses and churches during the Christmas season, but an Athens church is providing an opportunity to experience the story of Jesus' birth from the comfort of your vehicle.

And guess what this is not a unique. Cromwell, Kentucky;  Chesapeake, Virginia;  Nashville, Tennessee; Erie, Pennsylvania; Livermore, California; et al.


Flash backward in time, shepherds and wise men on feet, riding camels and donkeys, not necessarily in that order are now back-to-the-future driving Honda SUVs, Mercedes, and school buses, and of course, taxis… I’m just trying to keep things in some sort of perspective.


And No-Knead Loaf #64 is out of the oven and ready to be sliced. Just 2 more loaves to go and I will have created a true-to-form, (say what?), JKLS habit.

This is my 1,080th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this evening, 80,772 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address.)

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment