Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Day 94 ½ – (AD 999 ½) – 0.0 Miles – Jim's Trek Part IV – On the 8th Day I Rest

Good Day,

Today is the 8th day and I rest my legs. Today I pedal 0, zero, naught, Ø, zip miles.  This is my 999½ day of 1,096 days.  In 3 years I have rested 97 days.

First there are the unsolicited emails for Russian wives. Then I was getting notices that my new Subaru, with my old one for trade-in, was ready for me. (I’ve never owned a Subaru.) The exponential growth of the ridiculous spam email just keeps growing. There seems to be a wane of the unknown and childless wealthy uncle in Timbuctoo leaving me 6.7 million £-sterling. I wonder if there is an equivalent green reduction in the Internetland.

And then someone out there must think I have either a truly disjointed green thumb as I received an email advertisement for “Rare Corpse Flower Plants”. Do I truly want to by an Amorphophallus Titanum (Corpse Flower) seedling?

(And I am sure that someone is being polite with the translation from the Greek…)

I am sure my Homeowners Association would appreciate if I planted in my front garden a plant which “A long spadix emerges from the top of the pod and can make the entire bloom more than six feet tall. Finally, the bloom opens in mid-afternoon. The odor of rotting flesh is released in bursts every 30 seconds or so to attract flies and beetles into the gaping vase of the bloom.

Fluid is the most recent media word. It appears that a number of journalists are using the word “fluid” to indicate an ongoing situation. I am trying to understand how this word when used as an adjective and defined as “(of a substance) able to flow easily” has anything relevant to do with a news-breaking story that is currently in progress. The noun definition is “a substance that has no fixed shape and yield easily to external pressure; a gas or (especially) a liquid.” Question, how does the use and incorporation of this word explain the lack of understanding of any newsworthy publication?

Supper last night was Daikon and Turnip Curry on Coconut Rice.  I surprised myself.  It was good.  I expected one thing and the taste was quite pleasant. I found the recipe, which I adjusted of course at Early Morning Farm.com.

Now I love jerky…most types. It is my go-to snack food. I’m not saying that I could survive on jerky but I do like jerky. Beef jerky made from filet-mignon? Okay, a bit ostentatious, to the taste buds. But hey there Willy Wonka here’s the ploy. Find a 24 karat edible gold jerky in three random bags from Three Jerks Jerky, up until December 20th and win.



Think it's unacceptable to give someone a package of beef jerky for the holidays? Not if it's coated in gold. If there's a jerky lover on your holiday list, this is the fanciest jerky in the world. Three Jerks Jerky, the Vernon-based company, uses filet mignon to make its jerky. Included in the gift set is the 24-karat gold-dusted jerky and a pack of each of the following flavors: Original, Chipotle Adobo, Memphis BBQ, I Can't Believe It's Not Hamburger and Maple Bourbon Churro. Plus it comes in a high-security lock box for safekeeping. $500.

This is my 1,079th post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this evening, 80,656 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address.)

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment