Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Day 106 – (AD 1,011) – 24.0 Miles – Jim's Trek Part IV – On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I cycled 24.0 miles on my Schwinn 170. Totals – 21,434.3 miles; 34,495.2 kilometers. And some of you, most of you, do find this a boring journal of my Trek.

Well no apologies to say but I have to wonder for whom I am writing this journal? For you? Or for me? Guess the real answer is for me.

Whether you read it or not, is not the key to my success. My success is the perpetuation and stick-to-it-ness of my Trek after 1,011 days of pedaling. And so I bore you? I am content. My doctors are happy. My mind is at peace. You do know where your delete button is on your keyboard.

And that was the real part.

Regarding the fantasy part Google Maps has me reaching a point at Via del Convento, 41, 50053 Empoli FI, Italy.



I am traveling west.

Today I experienced the real-ness of Christmas…and any other season holiday that recognizes giving.

I ran a couple of errands this morning after cycling. One of them was to stop and purchase Max’s special food from our veterinarian. Max, the youngest member of The Pack has a skin allergy so he is on a diet of rabbit and potato. (We do pamper our pets, don’t we?)

I picked up two beef patties and a Ginger Beer at Golden Krust Caribbean Bakery & Grill. I then decided I would quickly stop in at Aldi’s to pick up some muffin packages to assist with my mini-muffin challenge.

On my way through the crowded store and on to the checkout counter, I noticed that the elderly lady in front of me was sort of taking some time checking out and processing her groceries.

After the cashier had tallied up her complete order, the lady sheepishly said “Look what I have found in my purse?” It was an extra coupon, one that she may have forgotten to present. The cashier with candy-canes springing on her headband, smiled and replied, “No problem, I’ll get that through for you.

I was not rushed and I was not worried about the little extra wait. Shopping coupons are extremely important to the elderly here in Florida. The lady then began to fumble once again in her purse.

The next thing I noticed was a gentleman come up to the counter and he slides a debit card through the pay-out slider thing-a-ma-jig. The lady pulled out her debit card. The cashier, grinning from candy cane to candy cane, said “Ma’am, your order is taken care of.

A look of horror, a smile with tears then crossed the elderly lady’s face. “Why did he do that? Who is he? He didn’t have to. I am going to cry.” I leant forward and whispered “Santa Claus”.

On my way out I shook his hand and quietly said “Thank you”. And to the elderly lady I said “Thank you, and Merry Christmas”.

Mini-muffin challenge can wait.

This is my 1,092nd post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 81,594 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address.)

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment