Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Day 105 – (AD 1,010) – 23.4 Miles – Jim's Trek Part IV – Pisa, Italy On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

This morning I pedaled 23.4 miles on my Schwinn 170. Grand totals – 21,410.3 miles; 34,456.6 kilometers.



Another goal and destination point, Pisa, Italy reached today. From my starting point to Pisa I then continued on another 8.4 miles. (And you thought I was gonna write about some leaning tower…)



Google Maps pinpoints me on the Via Tosco-Romagnola the SS67, 56021 Cascina PI, Italy.

This morning’s viewing companion was Greenwich Village the 1944 movie which takes place in 1922. Definite fluff but I have this thing for Carmen Miranda. I always try to listen to her phonetically attack her English language.

Well guess what? My alter-trans-ego, Jacqueline is back. Spam count this morning 17 for me, 7 for Jacqueline. Loan approvals, new tires, and a Victoria Secret gift bag, and something about Denim for Real Women Plus Sizes.

Hells bells. At least these spammers could get my name right. How hard is it to get the most common name in the English language wrong?

Oh yeah, tires for my new Subaru. Let me spell it out, I drive an Acura. Once the clock strikes midnight in 16 days I will have owned and driven Acuras for 30 years.

Jacqueline wherever you are, please check your email address. The flashing gold stars in my spam folder will NOT make me open your messages.

Just saw a short AARP video of “Foods to Avoid Before Bed”.  Definitely something for me to think about. In ascending order - Dark chocolate, hot cocoa and tea, chicken and beef, soda, broccoli, and #1 alcohol. And I am always hungry but I think I solved this issue by stop eating by about 10:00 pm. I go to bed to sleep somewhere between midnight and 2:00 am… and that is another story.

Beam me up Scotty.



Windspeed “Dazzling new airplane patent offers seats on top of aircraft” (CNN Business Traveller, Barry Neild, Dec. 14, 2015)

“It says the canopy would be made of materials used in supersonic fighter jets -- strong enough to withstand birdstrikes and other stress factors. An aerodynamic "teardrop" shape will help reduce the drag factor. Anti-condensation film will be applied to stop it fogging up and a UV-protection coating will stop passengers being frazzled by the sun. No timescale yet on when -- if it gets approval -- the SkyDeck might begin punching its way through an airplane fuselage near you.”

I'm just worried about the words I highlighted in bold.  Hasn’t this been tried before?



This is my 1,091st post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 81,550 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address.)

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment