Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, December 27, 2015

Day 114 – (AD 1,019) – 22.6 Miles – Jim's Trek Part IV – On My Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Another day on my Schwinn 170 – 22.6 miles. Totals to date – 21,620.8 miles; 34,795.4 kilometers.

This morning my virtual journey has now stopped on the SS1 at 00050 Santa Severa RM, Italy.



And I am counting. Only 13.2% remaining to the grand total miles I set for myself.

I got this statement yesterday. Thanks for taking the time to ask.

I'm intrigued by your adventure…but I'm lost in the story somewhere. Sorry…

My response - Abbreviated version.

3 years ago on disability 12 years due to car accident plus, waist beginning to expand. Cardiologist and other medical professionals concerned. Suggested routine exercise. Had been goal oriented, Shrink suggested I write about exercise. Always understood concept of short-term goals as means to end. Began real-exercise and virtual-fantasy Trek to keep myself interested. Positive result lost 12" on waist, heart in excellent condition. Ancillary result reduced diabetes and required meds. Each time I reach goal I set a new one. Jim's Trek Part IV will end will overall goal. Am now thinking about Part V. Quilting and baking add-ons. Overall a goal-oriented process making sure that I was the beneficiary of the positive results.

Two interview articles written about my Trek – Pedaling to Success: Q&A With Jim Smith, Bowflex Insider, September 2014  and Can You Reverse Diabetes? About Health, June 2015.

And all that is up to this point in time.  There still more to go and the maintenance.

Thinking about New Year’s resolution. Eat something new and different, a different combination, every day for 365 days. I figure that I will allow myself one day grace on February 29th. Should prove a unique challenge.

The work begins on our new quilt and wall hanging Elation.  Design drawn and practice sampler underway...

Elation, Design draft - JS AB 

Elation, Practice sampler - JS AB


This is my 1,103rd post. According to Blogger Jim’s Trek has recorded, as of this writing, 82,215 Pageviews.

I welcome comments or thoughts or ideas. Please feel free to contact, email me at Jim’s Trek. (This link is my email address.)

Be healthy and enjoy your day.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment