Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, December 3, 2012

Day 1 – My Trek Begins – Only 3,301 Miles To Go

Good Day,

I spent yesterday afternoon putting together my Frankenstein of a stationary Schwinn 150 bicycle. My intention is to cycle, on the spot, from 4216 Interlake Drive in Tampa, Florida to the same address almost, 4216 Interlake Avenue North in Seattle, Washington. That is my Trek.

Yesterday, to try out the monstrosity I cycled two miles and this morning I worked up to five… that is now seven miles of my goal. Only 3,294 miles more to go…

And you may ask why?

Well, this body, and my doctors agree that I need to get some exercise. I checked out all local fitness clubs and the purchase of a regular road bike. Cost and weather seemed to be a consideration. I also waffled on the purchase of a stationary bike, but I thought that I really did not need a new quilt display stand. We checked out a similar Schwinn 120 at a local shop. The asking price was $150.00 more for used model above what I was able to acquire the new 150 through Amazon.com.

It wasn’t until I stumbled upon the information of a young gentleman who had set himself a goal of losing 20 lbs. over the course of one year. His idea was to cycle, on a stationary bike, across the North American Continent. Certainly made sense… and he achieved his goal of the 20 lbs, and from his pictures made tremendous changes to his physique. Who may have said that one may, at times, learn lessons from the youth?

My idea, and My Trek is to cycle to every address across the United States that includes my street name, Interlake. I discovered a similar address in Seattle, Washington.

And I have coupled one of my pastimes, watching movies and series, with my cycling. This morning I added five miles and an episode of Upstairs, Downstairs. And Lady Marjorie just boarded the Titanic for New York.

Enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment