Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, December 21, 2012

Day 19 – 14.0 Miles – Blisters? – Only 93.7% To Go

Good Day,

Well it’s tomorrow in Australia and the Mayan-end-of-the-calendar-equals-end-of-the-world –purveyors were WRONG. Must have been really frustrated, for this dude to take the extreme mode of protection, for nothing.


After 19 days I’m now wounded in action. Blisters on my butt… saddle sores? Never expected this, but I guess it goes with the territory, or should I say with my Schwinn 150. But with extra protective padding I completed my 14.0 miles this morning. Guess we could quilt a butt pad.

Starting from my stopping point yesterday on FL-19 N, I head 14.0 miles north. I’m still in the Ocala National Forest. I have reached the intersection of FL-19 N, East Creek 316 and NE 142 Pl Road.


I have now reached 208.4 miles, 6.31% of my 3,301 mile goal.

Miles to Seattle   To Date Miles Remaining   % Completed  
3,301 208.4 3,092.6 6.31%


Supper last night Sanbeji ( 三要祭 ), Three Cup Chicken. It was my first attempt. Chicken thighs, soy sauce, rice wine, and sesame oil, ginger, chili peppers, and basil. Served on steamed basmati rice with green onions, it was fantastic. So easy to make and I will definitely try this recipe again.

This morning's Upstairs Downstairs episode presents the eve of a major WWI battle in France. The question is "Who's contract has not been renewed?" Stay-tuned.

Enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment