Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Day 23 – Merry Christmas – Eat Well and Enjoy

Good Day and Merry Christmas,

I’ve got my bells on my Schwinn 150 and it is Christmas day. Merry Christmas! Today I crossed over the St. John’s River via the Memorial Bridge at Palatka in Putnam County, Florida.

This morning, Christmas Day, I cycled my 15 miles passed Hastings, Florida. Hastings is a small town with a recorded population on the 2004 U.S. Census Bureau of 607. Hastings is known as the “Potato Capital of Florida”.


I have reached 8.13% of my Tampa to Seattle goal; total miles 268.4.

Total Direct Miles to Seattle   To Date TD Miles Remaining   % TD Miles Completed   Interlake Miles Left to Seattle   Weight (lbs)  
3,301.0 268.4 3,032.6 8.13% 5,730.9 170.4

Christmas Eve lunch was at Restaurante La Pequeña Colombia: meat pies; chicharrón, arepa, and corn cakes; roast pork, peas, and rice; and steak Milanesa. Dessert - flan and fig cake. Todo era muy, muy bueno. And to tone it down, a wee bit, for supper I made French onion soup, made with four types of onions, smothered in Gruyère cheese. Ever so good. Believe it or not, I dropped 0.2 lbs.

Upstairs, Downstairs episode emphasizes the control that money has on all lives.

Andy took the photo of our supper. The image of Santa was provided by Litelines by Linda.

Enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment