Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Day 6 – And I Am Not Lost, By Google Maps – Henley Field Bryant Stadium, Lakeland, Florida

Good Day,

Ten miles again this morning on my Schwinn 150. I made it to the Henley Field Bryant Stadium in Lakeland, Florida. I’m just about at the intersection of Florida Avenue and Memorial Boulevard. Certainly glad that there is a bicycle lane for safety.


From 1934 to 1966 the Detroit Tigers had played at Henley Field, sharing the facility with the Dreadnaughts and Florida Southern College. Photo courtesy of Lakeland Public Library.

Tomorrow I shall reach my 3rd Goal, Interlake Drive in Lakeland, Florida. All-things-being-equal, I would hope that my sense of direction and Interlake goals will eventually turn me toward the North.

Only 3,250 more miles to go to...

Miles to Seattle   To Date Miles Remaining  
3,301 miles 51 miles    3,250 miles

A couple of new characters were added to this morning’s episode of Upstairs Downstairs… Methinks that they were just fillers to provide an anticlimactic diversion for the viewer, and another extra episode. One was a thief and the other two could be equated similar to a British version of carpetbaggers and scalawags.

Enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment