Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Day 7 - 2nd Interlake Address Reached - Lakeland, Florida

Good Day,

Ten miles this morning and 5.1 miles, my next goal has been met; Interlake Drive in Lakeland, Florida.

I wonder if the paper in the middle of the intersection of Interlake Drive and Lawndale Road is my next clue and destination. It reads “Continue east along Memorial Boulevard to about Auburndale, Florida. This is your next stop.


I do continue and finish my 10 miles. I have a choice; jump on the trailer drawn by the truck just ahead for a free ride or stop at the Burger King for a fast-food breakfast? Wonder how counterproductive the fast-food breakfast will be to my overall weight goal?

My first choice is a Burger King Croissanwich with Sausage, Egg, and Cheese and a medium Hash Brown ranks in at 1,160 calories. This morning’s 10 miles at an average of 15 miles per hour equals an approximate burning of 200 calories. I’d have to cycle seven more days, or 70 more miles, just to burn up the BK breakfast… Guess I’ll stick with a banana and yoghurt.

Upstairs Downstairs episode must have been tied into my jaunt this morning. It was an episode of a hunt. I felt that I was keeping up with the Master of the Hounds.

My next set Interlake address goal is in Winter Park, Florida; 68.5 miles. Overall to Seattle, Washington – 3,240 miles to go.


Miles to Seattle   To Date Miles Remaining   % Completed  
3,301 miles 61 miles    3,240 miles 1.85%

Enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment