Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Day 182 – Jim’s Trek – 20.5 Miles – Success in Saskatchewan on My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

I cycled 20.5 miles today on my Schwinn 150 in Saskatchewan. I am still, once again on the Trans-Canada Highway headed west, which of course makes sense as I do think that, in a roundabout way this is the direction to Seattle. I believe I can see the Provincial border. Methinks I will be crossing it tomorrow on my Schwinn 150 Trek.

As I have been able to reduce, due to my Trek and diet, my diabetes medication down by 75%, I have been tracking my blood sugar count versus the number of calories I burn each day. Since May 19, the day of the reduction of Metformin, my daily averages are 103.4 mg/dL, or since I am above the Border, 5.74 mmol/L, and 612 calories burned. On June 19 if I am consistently maintaining these averages I should be able to start to eliminate all my diabetes medication. Know that I am doing this with my Doctor’s consent.


The local news is reporting that “If you can’t remember what you had for supper the night before, you need to examine your lifestyle.” Their reported prescription – “Exercise, healthy meals, and do not smoke.” I do all that… but what was I writing about?

Oh yeah, I do all that. I don’t smoke. Exercise – My Trek. And healthy meals… Well duh? I still, from time-to-time, forget what I had for supper the night before. My solution… I write it down on a document in a folder in my PC, part of my journal and preparation for my writing the next day. And last night for supper I made my version of Yum Nua. The recipe is a Thai Beef Salad. Extremely easy to concoct and rather refreshing and good. Ground beef, Jasmine rice, green peas, red onions, garlic, carrots, cucumber, Bird chilies, cilantro, Fish Sauce, Tamarind paste, Palm sugar, lemon juice… served at room temperature on a bed of lettuce.


Pasco County, just up-under of the county I live in Florida, has just sent out an electronic request to residents to submit ideas for the creation of the forthcoming annual County budget. May I make a suggestion? I propose an additional line-item budgeted for the Humane Collection of Kangaroos.


Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince continued today. Obviously, a much longer film than its predecessors. Harry is trying to discover the wherefores and whys the reasons that Tom Riddle became Lord Voldemort. And of course Draco Malfoy is up to no good, that’s the mystery.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment