Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Day 186 – Jim’s Trek – 20.6 Miles – Cycling Through Southern Alberta

Good Day,


And today I completed an additional 20.6 miles on my Schwinn 150 Trek. I am located on the Crowsnest Highway, AB-3 W and have just passed through the Hamlet of Burdett, Alberta. The population of Burdett is about 264.

I burned 614 calories which is consistent with my current daily average of 613.1. I have now dropped a total of 10.8 pounds. My blood sugar is averaging 101.9 mg/dL, 5.66 mmol/L. Not bad if I say so myself. In 10 more days I will eliminate all of my diabetes medication. I can definitely give credit to my current successes to my food intake, the cycling on my Schwinn 150, and my Interlake address goals.

My stats today -

Total Direct Miles to Seattle   To Date TD Miles Remaining   % TD Miles Completed   Interlake Miles to Seattle   Weight (lbs)  
3,301.0 3,439.7 726.2 82.6% 4,165.9 160.0

I am trying to get my warped mind around today’s celebration. Today is Upsy Daisy Day. Who in the hell thinks these up? But on the same note it is World Oceans Day and Jelly-Filled Doughnut Day. In other words, someone is saying to get up off your ass while you chow down on a luscious jam-filled doughnut and go for a swim.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Part II, the beginning of the end. This morning’s Trek entertainment is the first part of Part II of the final and eighth film of the Harry Potter Series. And the final, final battle begins.

Just received notice that my blog A Genealogy Hunt is recognized as one of "The Top 90 Genealogy Blogs".

"Our Editors and Readers selected your blog because of its high standard of quality information mixed with your excellent commentary." The Top Genealogy Blogs


"This blog is written in a rather unusual style, each post seeming more like a letter from a friend than a personal journal or essay. The blogger shares with readers discoveries and research methods in a friendly and welcoming tone."

Nice to be known as an "unusual...friend".

The first of the four corner stars for our Astro-Physics quilt and wall hanging has been completed. Three more to go… and then the construction of the border. The second part of the fourth border has begun and attached to our Double Entendre afghan. It appears to add a wee bit of flair. Stay tuned to our progress updates at Quilts SB.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment