Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Day 184 – Jim’s Trek – 21.0 Miles – Virtual Alberta Dry, Tampa Wet

Good Day,

It’s raining, it’s pouring and this old man is now awake. Happy Anniversary J and B. Enjoy the wet Florida day.

Guess it had to happen. Just before Dunsmore, Alberta, I took a right turn onto Township Road 120. This morning I cycled on my Schwinn 150 21.0 miles. Looks like my location is south of Medicine Hat. I am headed west and it appears that I will be turning shortly in a southwesterly direction at Crowsnest Highway.


And today is the celebration of such an appropriate day. Just get in your car and get to your nearest one… if you can find it. It is Drive-In Movie Day. Just take enough muscle salve to massage your neck as you try to watch the movie through your windshield wipers.

Well supper last night started out with some pork loin chops and two eggplants. My first thought was that I wanted an Asian inspired meal… First I found a Chinese recipe, then a Thai one. Next I transported to the Caribbean and I found a Dominican combination. Each one of the above-mentioned recipes meant that someone had to go to the grocery story to find some of the ingredients. I then chanced upon a recipe for a Spicy Pork, Fennel, and Eggplant dish. Going through the list of ingredients I knew I did not have a fennel bulb… but I did have some fennel seeds, and I have never ever cooked with fresh fennel. So a quick substitute of celery for the fennel… and the Ragu was simmering on the stove. Fresh eggplants from Urban Oasis and 6 In 1 All Purpose Ground Tomatoes. My idea, the homemade Pork Eggplant Ragu on fried Polenta. And so we settled on Italian. Did I say I love to cook? And to eat?

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 was this morning’s viewing entertainment. And of course I, during my Trek, was able to watch close to half of the movie. The second half of Part I to be continued tomorrow.

Construction remains on the border and corners for Astro-Physics quilt wall hanging. The inspiration of Jacqueline de Jonge’s Fly Away is a positive and our design and reconstruction is definitely a spin. And it most assuredly is vibrant. Border number two row for Double Entendre afghan has been constructed, three more rows to go. Follow our progress on Quilts SB.


Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment