Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Day 191 – Jim’s Trek – 21.0 Miles – Cardston, Alberta

Good Day,

This morning my 21.0 miles on my Schwinn 150 Trek stops directly on Main Street in the Town of Cardston in southwest Alberta. Population is about 3,600 and the average annual snow fall is approximately 90.2 inches, 229 cms.

I am currently located at the juncture in the road where I will be leaving Highway 5 and then traveling south on Highway 2. All-things-being-equal, tomorrow I will be crossing the Canada/US border from Alberta into Montana. I am now about 116 miles from my next Interlake address goal point on my Trek.


My total mileage is now 3,544.6. I have be able to maintain my weight loss at about 9 pounds and my blood sugar average is in at 100.9...

And here is where the happenstance comes in... I really wonder, as I listen acutely for the Twilight Zone music somewhere in the background.  I am, on my Trek, at Cardston, Alberta.  Cardston is the location of the 6th Temple built by the LDS Church.  It is the first ever constructed outside of the United States.

In 2003 when I began working on my genealogy I discovered that documentation and information for my Great-Great-Great Grandfather Thomas Robertson and his parents, my 4-times Great-Grandparents John and Margaret Robertson had been submitted to the Alberta, now Cardston, Temple.  And today I arrived at Cardston. Cue music.

This morning's viewing pleasure on my Schwinn 150 Trek was the second half of the film the Pirates of the Caribbean - The Curse of The Black Pearl. Question - Was Captain Jack Sparrow real or unreal?

The top of our Astro-Physics is now complete. The borders and all corners have been attached. If I say so myself, Andy has outdone himself... It is exactly as we both foresaw when we were working on the design. Thanks to Jacqueline de Jonge for her skills and the ideas for our inspiration. Just you wait until I get the images taken of our completed top. Now on to the construction of the quilt. Check out Quilts SB.

The construction of Sea Foam continues. The inspiration of Kelly Robinson's Clusters and Stripes now takes a turn as we deconstruct her original pattern. Follow updates at Afghans SB...

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment