Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, June 24, 2013

Day 202 - Jim’s Trek - 21.7 Miles - Still In Montana on My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

This morning I cycled 21.7 miles on my Schwinn 150. I decided to increase the resistance of my cycle to 10 of 16, as I am cycling in The Rockies in Montana. I am located on US-2 W headed north following the Kootenai River. I am 8.5 miles from the Montana - Idaho State border. I am closing in on the end of my Tampa to Seattle Schwinn 150 Trek.


My Trek on my Schwinn 150 this morning took one hour and six minutes and I burned 701 calories. I weighed in at 162 pounds and my blood sugar count this morning was 98. I guess this is working...

I read a good and succinct article online yesterday. The Futility of Comparing Yourself to Others was published on ZenHabits.net and written by Leo Babauta.


“One of the biggest reasons we’re not content with ourselves and our lives is that we compare ourselves to other people...”




I am still learning.

Still no Desktop PC in house.  Just found out that one of my three hard drives is bad... and has to be replaced.  No wonder there was some funny noises erupting on occasion when I booted up my system.  Looks like I will be without Desktop for a few more days.


Finished the remainder of the film Pitch Perfect. Theme is definitely similar Sister Act, and Sister Act II and lo and behold there is in the making a Pitch Perfect II... This morning, on my Trek, I decided to tune in the court case happening right now in Seminole County. I’m not truly in the case but I was somewhat interested in watching the opening processes. I was hoping for something intelligent... especially of the organizational constructs of the participants. Enough said and written.

The piecing of the half-hexagon strips of Tampa Kaleidoscope quilt has begun. I am truly amazed at Andy’s construction skills. Another two rows of clusters have been added to our new Sea Foam afghan. And the first scratched-draft of a new quilt, The Bird Cage. Check Quilts SB and Afghans SB for our progress and updates.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment