Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Day 194 – Jim’s Trek – 21.0 Miles – 3,600 Mile Goal Reached on My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

Today I cycled an additional 21.0 miles. I have now reached another goal in Montana, in The Rockies. I clocked 3,607.2 miles on this Father’s Day, my 194th day on my Schwinn 150.


Today I am located somewhere on the road between Going To The Sun Mountain to my east and Heaven’s Peak to my west. I am on a road, the Glacier Route 1, at exactly the right time of the year. This road is closed at times in the winter. The views are amazing.


This morning I am located at the “B” marker on the Glacier Route 1. I spent the night at marker “A”. I should be pulling in to my 23rd Interlake address goal in a couple of days.

Last night’s supper – Grilled chicken wings, baked potatoes, and celery salami salad. I used a dry rub, Tajin – chili peppers, lime, and salt – on the wings. I actually sprinkled the wings, in a zip lock bag, with the Tajin and left them to season in the refrigerator for about two hours. The wings were excellent and definitely not too spicy hot. Might add some more cayenne the next time around. Oh yeah, I found the Tajin at the grocery store. Blood sugar average this morning is at 101.9. One more day and no more meds.

My viewing pleasure this morning on my Trek was a continuation of the film Pirates of the Caribbean – Dead Man’s Chest. A short uncredited conversation in the movie definitely caught my ears. Maybe a double entendre. Two pirates talking -

“The Bible says…”

“You know you can’t read.”

“It’s the Bible. You get credit for trying to read.”



Enough said…

Completed the first crocheted afghan, Double Entendre yesterday. All loose ends woven into the body of the afghan. The top to our Astro-Physics quilt has been completed. Work has now begun on the piecing of the pieced half hexagons of our Tampa Kaliedoscope. Check up the new images of Double Entendre and Astro-Physics at Afghans SB and Quilts SB, respectively.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment