Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Day 193 – Jim’s Trek – 21.1 Miles – I Am In The Rockies

Good Day,

Today’s is definitely one of those days that I did not feel like getting on my Schwinn 150. I wanted to disappear.  You know the feeling… Both my Intellectual and Physical biorhythm cycles are on their way downward. But I got on my Schwinn 150 anyway, and this morning I cycled another 21.1 miles.


And this morning I am in The Rockies. I am located on Glacier Route 1 Road just north west of The Narrows of Saint Mary Lake. The view, albeit virtual, is breath-taking. I am just a wee bit east of Going-to-the-Sun Mountain, elevation 9,642 feet, located in Glacier National Park. The road is also known as Going-to-the-Sun Road.


From Big Sky Fishing.com website -

"While the Going to the Sun Road is paved and is generally in good condition, twelve miles of the road was literally carved out of the mountainside. In this section, the Going to the Sun Road is a true mountain road as it clings to the side of the mountains. The road is very narrow, twisty, has overhanging rocks, passes through two tunnels and generally lacks guardrails beyond the occasional low-rock wall. The twenty-mile per hour speed limit along this section of the drive is a limit that drivers should most definitely heed!"

The images of are from 1932 and 2005.


Thus far, I have made it from Tampa, Florida to The Rockies in Montana.  My total mileage today is now 3,586.2 and my daily average calorie burn is around 607.5. I have been able to keep my blood sugar counts at an average of 101.8 mg/dL. In two more days I will attempt to go off of all diabetes medication. We’ll see what happens then.

Something to think about from an article by Ann Brenoff in The Huffington PostWhat I Know About Friends Now That I’m 60 -
  1. Takers don’t make great friends, but they do serve a purpose,
  2. Over-givers don’t make great friends either,
  3. The best friends are neither takers or over-givers; they are power sharers,
  4. You can have more than one best friend, and
  5. Odd numbers are still awkward.
Something to think about.

On a positive note I got the Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man’s Chest, 2006, the second film of the series, DVD working this morning. There appears to be a switch in the allegiances of the East India Company personnel, especially Lord Cutler Beckett. A new bevy of horrific creatures, including The Kraken, are introduced. And I just read that a fifth Pirates of the Caribbean may be in the works.

The top of Astro-Physics has been completed. Work continues on Double Entendre, Sea Foam, and Tampa Kaleidoscope. Follow our updates at Afghans SB and Quilts SB.

Be healthy and enjoy.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment