Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Day 200 - Jim’s Trek - 21.2 Miles - It Is Now Official - 34 Inches!!!

Good Day,

Today on my Trek on my Schwinn 150, on my 200th day of cycling, I Finally... and that is with a capital “F”, have dropped 10-inches on my belly measurement. Another goal after 3,733.5 miles. It works!

And the funny coincidence is that my movie this morning was The Full Monty. I got to thinking that maybe I should pull-out the Saran Wrap and speed up the reduction of my belly size. When I started my Trek the measurement was 44”... and now I can yell, after six-and-a-half months... 34 INCHES. And no plastic wrap needed.

Obviously there is a definite correlation, and yes I know that is the bottom line, between eating well and exercise. My blood sugar count this morning registered at 88 mg/dL, or for you north of the border and overseas, 4.89 mmol/L. This count is well within the normal range. Not bad for Day 4 of no diabetes medication and Day 200 of continuous minus one day of trekking on my Schwinn 150.

And the above are the real facts.

This morning I am still, virtually, in Montana, on Highway US 2-W going in a northerly direction. I am south of Libby, Montana and in about two-plus days I should be entering into Idaho. All-things-being-equal I am about 490 miles from my final destination in Seattle.


The Full Monty, the 1997 comedy-drama certainly is apropos, and with current themes, 16 years later. People dealing with rampant unemployment and surviving, coping with relationships, marriage and divorce, straight and gay, parent and child, and just, not so simple, friendships, and self-acceptance. Not that I would, or could, run off and join the Chippendales, but it certainly makes me think of living day-to-day as me.

Tonight the attempted bill-of-fare will be Spicy Asian Shrimp Lettuce Wraps.

Progress continues on our Tampa Kaleidoscope quilt and our Sea Foam afghan.  Follow our updates on Quilts SB and Afghans SB.

And I need my desktop.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment