Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Day 189 – Jim’s Trek – 21.4 Miles – Flying on My Schwinn 150 Past 3,500 Miles

Good Day,

I have lasted more than 3,500 miles. Not bad for this “not-so-old” man.

This morning my 21.4 miles on my Schwinn 150 Trek veers me to the south past the City of Lethbridge and past the Lethbridge County Airport. I am located in Alberta on Highway AB-5 W. (The image from Wikipedia is of 1911 Lethbridge.)


Total miles to-date – 3,502.6. Only 16.6% of my total Trek remaining, just under 700 miles, give or take. The marker “B” pinpoints where I am today on my Trek between “A” Tampa and “C” Seattle.


Today is Kamehameha Day, a public holiday of the state of Hawaii. Also today is Dirty Book Day… dubbed that way when a shipment of D.H. Lawrence’s Lady Chatterley’s Lover was banned by the U.S. Postmaster General Arthur E. Summerfield. Wonder if I should read it?

And what else? It is Hug ‘n Asparagus Day. Not “hug an asparagus”… “Hug and Asparagus”.

The final layout design for Astro-Physics quilt and wall-hanging has been decided. All-things-being-equal the top construction should be finished shortly. The design for the inner top of Tampa Kaleidoscope is now on the wall. The border to Double Entendre afghan has been completed. Final production work and sew in the loose ends remains. A new untitled Ocean and Off-White afghan has been started. Check for updates at Quilts SB and Afghans SB.

This morning’s Trek entertainment is the first part of the 1992 musical Newsies… And Jack, the lead is dreaming of leaving New York City and heading out to Santa Fe “Ain’t you glad you got a dream called Santa Fe.” And then my association light went off… Rent, 2005 and Collins sings “So let’s open up a restaurant in Santa Fe… and leave this (i.e. New York City) to the roaches and mice.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment