Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, June 14, 2013

Day 192 – Jim’s Trek – 20.5 Miles – Crossing The Canada/US Border – Alberta to Montana on My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

Today I crossed over the Canadian – American Border. Good-bye Alberta and hello Montana. I am located on US Highway 89 South at just about the Chief Mountain Highway. I cycled 20.5 miles this morning on my Schwinn 150. Mileage to date – 3,565.1.


I am now headed in a southerly direction on my way to complete the next part of my journey, to my next Interlake address goal. It is about 95 miles towards the southwest.

I am just wondering about the advertisements on the television pushing exercise equipment and the benefits of a “positive” and rather “short” length of time necessary for one to lose some drastic weight size. Not saying, since I am not an expert, that their claims are correct or incorrect, but I can probably say that there may be some flimflammery presented, especially about the possible weight loss as compared to the amount of time spent.

Today I have finished my 192nd day on my Schwinn 150. In 193 days I have only not used my cycle for one day. I am cycling an average of 18.8 miles a day for about 1 hour and 5 minutes. I am burning about 613.6 calories a day. And not that I had intended to lose weight to any great degree, but, in 193 days I have dropped from 170.8 to 162.8 lbs. That’s about 1.3 pounds each month for 6+ months.

Yes that is a positive result. But I am doing this every single day, every blasted day for the past 6.34 months. It definitely is not a formula that has had me having to provide the fine writing on the bottom of each of my daily posts. I am watching what I am eating… even though it appears to be that I am eating much more than I had been. I am keeping everything in check… And I am being successful, as far as I am concerned.

For me I I have learned the lack of high expenditures for the fancy equipment and club memberships. I guess it took me to commit myself to a daily and constant regime that does produce results. This regime includes real and virtual goals. For me it has included multiple successes. But it is a routine that I have borrowed from others’ experiences and techniques that has definitely worked for me.

Here are my stats –

Total Direct Miles to Seattle   To Date TD Miles Remaining   % TD Miles Completed   Interlake Miles to Seattle   Weight (lbs)  
3,301.0 3,565.1 600.8 85.6% 4,165.9 162.8



Oh and by the way, I couldn’t get the next film of the Pirates of the Caribbean series working in my DVD player…But I did find an episode of MasterChef UK.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment