Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Day 10 - (AD 440) – Jim's Trek Part III – 21.8 Miles – Australian Capital Territory on My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

This is my 10th day of Jim’s Trek III. It is the 440th day since I began this crazy exercise and Trek.

I noted, (thanks Debra), that Amtrak is sort-of offering a writers-in-residence program. Wouldn't it be a hoot to set my Schwinn 150 on an Amtrak train line and en route I write my Jim’s Trek? Maybe when I am finished in Australia? Maybe? But I am definitely game.

(Photo: Joseph Rose, AP.)

Today I cycled another 21.8 miles on my Schwinn 150. And for those of you who like to be bored, my total to date mileage is now at 8,832.3; the equivalent in kilometers, 14,214.2. This morning I burned 666 calories. Only 1,167.7 miles and about two months to a “I can't believe it!” goal.


I am currently located, virtually of course, on Kings Highway or B52 and have just crossed over into the Australian Capital Territory. And yeah, I have to remember to cycle on the correct side of the road.

Close to where I completed a part of my internship with the Royal Bank of Canada in Montreal I read about and stumbled upon a truly neat assistance program. Coalition working to solve N.D.G. ‘food deserts’, Peggy Curran, February 24, 2014. And yes I still read The Gazette. But today it is -12° C or 10.4° F in Montreal. Think I’ll stay in Tampa.

Progress continues on our new Warhol's Itch. Thread has been picked for our new H-1 quilt and wall hanging. Yes it is Sulky. Working on name. Updates soon to Quilts SB - http://quiltsb.blogspot.com/.


And Max eats orchid blossoms.

I am closing in on 32,000 Pageviews to Jim’s Trek. Right now I'm at 31,721.

If you are reading this blog and just so happen to be somewhere along my route in Australia please feel free to drop me a line at jsmith58@gmail.com. Certainly would welcome it.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment