Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Day 20 - (AD 450) – Jim's Trek Part III – 21.2 Miles – Princes Highway on my Schwinn 150

Good Day,

This morning I had to get on my Schwinn 150. Even though I felt almost somewhat like I have these past couple of days I knew that I had to get cycling. I am certainly glad I did. I decided to take a slow pace and I cycled 21.2 miles in 1 hour and 5 minutes. I burned 682 calories. My total mileage is now recorded at 9,046.2 miles, 14,558.5 kilometers.


This morning on Jim’s Trek I turned west at the junction where the Monaro Highway meets the Cann River. I am now located on Princes Highway in Victoria, Australia. I am headed west and I am on the road just north of Poddy Creek Road. I have about 261 miles, 420 kilometers to go to get to my next goal and destination.

Okay last night I remember my dream. I dreamt of a long bridge and the narrow stepping on a path crowded with people coming and going. At every so often there was a room to pass through, something like a church, to sit and ponder and wait. Very vivid dream.

Julia Cameron in her book Walking in This World this morning wrote about the Ta-Dah List. She states “Facts are the opposite of drama. If you have been working with Morning Pages, you have probably become more and more accurate at generating grounded to-do lists that spell out the priorities of the day… In order to have a firm sense of self-respect as artists, we need to employ a second daily list. That list is the “ta-dah!” list… If to-do lists live out our priorities, ta-dah lists recognize our accomplishments…” Ta-dah!


And I am going to take it easy today...and try to reduce the number of Kleenex I destroy.

Oh and by the way, here's the box in the hallway.



Definitely more on that to come.  Stay tuned to Jim's Trek.

If you are reading this blog and just so happen to be somewhere along my route in Australia please feel free to drop me a line at jsmith58@gmail.com. Certainly would welcome it.

Try and be healthy. Enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment