Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, March 17, 2014

Day 21 - (AD 451) – Jim's Trek Part III – 20.3 Miles – In State Forest, Victoria on my Schwinn 150

Good Day,

The cold, whatever I came down with, is definitely much better this morning. On my Schwinn 150 I cycled another 20.3 miles today. I also burned 616 calories. Not sure but I do believe the cycling is helping me to clear up and “un-clog” somewhat faster than if I wasn’t exercising. And yes I am taking it easy.


Today I am located once again in Victoria, Australia and I am headed west on Princes Highway. Google Drive is down right now and so I cannot access the schedule where I enter and keep all my stats.

And yes I have a new Schwinn 170. Thank you Nautilus, Inc. I cannot wait to open the box and assemble my new stationary Schwinn 170. It should take me about a week to cycle to my next goal and destination and at that point I hope to transfer my cycling trek to the new bicycle.

I am not being political but I do have a question. As my background was somewhat steeped in statistical analyses and I definitely know that anyone can spin statistics to suit any point s/he or they is and are trying to get across I have wondered as to the veracity of the following relationships when compared. I did look at a number of similar like measurements.

And here’s my question. Why are the majority of the “saddest” states and the majority of the top (or bottom, depending upon how you look at it) states that receive the most federal spending per dollar of federal taxes “Red States” and/or voted Republican?


Map of red states and blue states in the U.S.

Red=The Republican candidate carried the state in all four most recent presidential elections (2000, 2004, 2008, 2012).
Pink=The Republican candidate carried the state in three of the four most recent elections.
Purple=The Republican candidate and the Democratic candidate each carried the state in two of the four most recent elections.
Light blue=The Democratic candidate carried the state in three of the four most recent elections.
Dark blue=The Democratic candidate carried the state in all four most recent elections

The 10 Saddest States in America

West Virginia – Well-being index (WBI): 61.4
Mississippi – WBI: 62.7
Kentucky – WBI: 63
Alabama – WBI: 64.1
Ohio – WBI: 64.2
Arkansas – WBI: 64.3
Tennessee – WBI: 64.5
Missouri – WBI: 64.5
Oklahoma – WBI: 64.7
Louisiana – WBI: 64.9

Here are the Top 10 states that feed at the federal trough (with Red States highlighted in bold):

1. D.C. ($6.17)
2. North Dakota ($2.03)
3. New Mexico ($1.89)
4. Mississippi ($1.84)
5. Alaska ($1.82)
6. West Virginia ($1.74)
7. Montana ($1.64)
8. Alabama ($1.61)
9. South Dakota ($1.59)
10. Arkansas ($1.53)

See Red States Feed at the Federal Trough, While Blue States Supply the Feed

The box is still in the hallway. The excitement is building.

If you are reading this blog and just so happen to be somewhere along my route in Australia please feel free to drop me a line at jsmith58@gmail.com. Certainly would welcome it.

Trying to be healthy,

And enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment