Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Day 29 - (AD 459) – Jim's Trek Part III – 21.5 Miles – Old Sale Road, Victoria, Australia on my Schwinn 150

Good Day,

Today I cycled 21.5 miles on my Schwinn 150. I am still keeping up with my daily routine after cycling of trying to crunch 100 sit-ups. I now have 762.6 miles or about 38 or 39 days until I hit the 10,000 mile mark. Dang, that would mean that I might hit that mark on about May 2nd. That is 17 months of cycling…


I measured my waist and my belly this morning. It appears that I am still holding at 32 and 34 inches. My fat percentage registered at 19.8%. I really wonder if I can, without resorting to a surgical procedure or a girdle, get rid of my older man’s gut. Maybe as I do live in Florida I should start reading Ponce de Leon’s journals.


This morning I turned off to the left from Willow Grove Road on to Old Sale Road. It appears that the Google camera truck hasn’t been down this section of Old Sale Road. It looks like the images begin again where Old Sale Road meets Yarragon-Shady Creek Road just up ahead. I have now just 73.1 miles or about 118 kilometers to my next goal point in Victoria, Australia.

Yes we, as a race of human beings, use social media at an exponentially increasing rate. And I have two questions and two statements.

First question – What is around the corner in the way of the ever expanding network of communication?

Second question – If there are any other beings, somewhere out there, have they tapped into our social media madness?

First Statement – As I grow older the increasing speed of electronics seems to be leaving me behind, even as I want to keep up.

Second Statement – It is apparent that social media, in an effort to expand our intelligence, may be increasingly being used to pull the wool over our eyes.

The quilting work on our new H-1 quilt and wall hanging is progressing terrifically. Andy and I do love the way the variegated Sulky thread just pops and compliments the cotton fabric. Twenty-one squares of 120 squares completed for our new MC-1 afghan.

If you are reading this blog and just so happen to be somewhere along my route in Australia please feel free to drop me a line at jsmith58@gmail.com. Certainly would welcome it.

Trying to be healthy,

And enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment