Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Day 26 - (AD 456) – Jim's Trek Part III – 21.6 Miles – Maffra, Victoria on my Schwinn 150

Good Day,

And this morning I struggled on my Schwinn 150. It just felt like I wasn’t getting anywhere, that is, in the cycling motion. I did finish 21.6 miles but to just burn 600 calories it took me 1 hour and 12 minutes.


I mentioned yesterday that I was headed west to the Town of Maffra. And guess where I got to this morning? Maffra. I am located on Johnson Street. It does look like I will have to cycle another 137 miles, about 220 kilometers. I should be getting to my next destination and Trek goal in about six or seven days.

And finally the congestion in my lungs seems to be breaking up. I can honestly say that my cycling time on my Schwinn 150 has most definitely been a benefit. It appears that the benefits have reduced the length of time that I may have had to deal with a cold or an ache.

My blood sugar this morning dropped another 2 points to 97.

Last night’s supper was an experiment. I didn’t have the Cornish Hens but I figured that I could substitute a boneless, skinless chicken breast. And it worked, Hainanese (pronounced Hey-nan-ease) Chicken Rice. I found the recipe at Footnetwork.com. I truly enjoyed the meal with a Kale Salad. Oh and I made the three sauces: Sweet Soya Sauce; Sriracha Broth; and Ginger Broth. The chicken is a toasted Jasmine Rice with ginger and garlic. Of course the final plate looked somewhat blank without any added fluff but the subtle flavors and exquisite tastes would definitely have me doing this again. I would most definitely do this again. Convinced?



I am continuing my reading of The 4400 Welcome to Promise City, Walking in This World, and Pass Key to the LSAT. I am now searching for my “catcher’s mitt”.  Thank you Julia Cameron.

Another point of synchronicity on my Schwinn 150. Today while watching the first episode of the 2nd Season of Fringe there is a mention of shape shifting. I almost fell off. For the past year plus I have been researching and writing notes about the possibility of a work about a shape shifter. Intro the opening bars of the Twilight Zone.


Work continues on our new H-1 quilt and wall hanging. The quilting is amazing and Andy is working meticulously at hiding the ends. I just snapped a couple of images of the back that just show our work. Check out our work at Quilts SB - http://quiltsb.blogspot.com/



If you are reading this blog and just so happen to be somewhere along my route in Australia please feel free to drop me a line at jsmith58@gmail.com. Certainly would welcome it.

Trying to be healthy,

And enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment