Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Day 33 - (AD 463) – Jim's Trek Part III – 22.2 Miles – Goal #3 Melbourne, On My New Schwinn 170

Good Day,

Well this is the day that I begin and continue my Trek on my new Schwinn 170. Here goes.

Today I reached the third of my 16 goals of destination points in Australia. Destination #3 means that all totalled I have now cycled 9,310.2 miles, 14,983.3 kilometers, including my North American Trek. Jim's Trek III started in Sydney, targeted Canberra, and now I reached Melbourne. On to number four.


But I couldn’t just stop there. This morning I cycled a total of 22.2 miles taking my grand total miles now 9,322.4 or 15,003.0 kilometers. I burned 600 calories on my new Schwinn 170.

After completing my cycling and an additional 100 sit-ups my weight is at 166.7 pounds and my fat registered at 19.7%. My goal is to somehow, without a scalpel or hooking up to a vacuum cleaner; get to 17.0% or less. I would like to get to somewhere in that vicinity.


I am currently on Dohertys Road and I am west of Melbourne.  I am coming up on the intersection at Palmers Road.

Report on my new Schwinn 170 after my first 22.2 miles.

  • Extremely easy to assemble. It took about 3 hours with four hands.
  • There are a number more buttons and push-thing-a-migs that I need to learn and find out what they do. I have to figure out it whether the degree of resistance can be increased or decreased simply by one degree.
  • I had to adjust the handlebars. Not a problem while I was cycling. I will try to figure out my comfort level and degree of angle.
  • The Schwinn 170 seat is definitely much more comfortable than the one on the Schwinn 150. I will have to adjust the seat for my next ride.
  • The Schwinn 170's built-in fan is definitely much better than the one on the Schwinn 150.
  • While pedaling I hit my left ankle on the mechanism only once. I believe I was positioned way too close. Otherwise not an issue.

My viewing companion this morning was Fringe. The last two episodes introduce some extraordinary issues and the two can stand alone. I am trying to figure out whether there were any clues to the overall multi-dimensional theme of the series. Who knows?

Our H-1 quilt and wall hanging has been bound and the final production is a wonder to see. Andy has done a great job of quilting and binding. The slip on Warhol’s Itch is being added. It should provide a subtle dimension to the completion of the quilt and wall hanging. The last quilting is been completed on our extra large Tampa Kaleidoscope quilt. The drafting of the perspective lines of are new H-2 quilt and wall hanging is certainly a new challenge.

Check out the video: Lauren Austin – art quilter in Shanghai. I really like her approach and her work. The YouTube link is http://youtu.be/vn6D-UDOqJ8.

Thank you to all friends and family who have written me words of encouragement.  If you are reading this blog and just so happen to be somewhere along my route in Australia please feel free to drop me a line at jsmith58@gmail.com. Certainly would welcome it.

Trying to be healthy,

And enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment