Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Day 31 - (AD 461) – Jim's Trek Part III – 20.7 Miles – Victoria, Australia on my Schwinn 150

Good Day,

This morning I cycled 20.1 miles on my Schwinn 150. This is now my 461st day of almost continual cycling. Yes it is now a habit and a part of my daily routine. And I can honestly say that I just feel better after I have completed my cycling exercise.

I was just asked as to "why hadn't I lost more weight than 4 pounds?" I started cycling at 170.8 pounds on December 2, 2012 and this morning on March 27, 2014 I weighed in at 166.8. My immediate response is that I still love to eat... I haven't changed my diet nor have I starved myself but I do watch, because of my diabetes, what I eat and my portion sizes.  This I was doing years before I started my cycling routine. But my personal results have proven the many, many benefits of me cycling on my Schwinn 150. And a lost of 12" on my waist certainly is justifiable proof.

I am located on Princes Highway just west of Officer, Victoria. Officer has a population of about 1,800 and is a suburb of Melbourne. I am now only 31.0 miles to my next goal.





Fact - A conjoined bearded dragon hatched here in Officer, Australia in January 2011!






And talking about food I just read that McDonalds does serve lobster rolls. Note that the March 18th article from the Mirror News in the UK uses the term "Maccy D's"
Cheap in Canada: Lobster at Maccy D's

We’ve all had a Big Mac or a chicken McNugget, but how many people get the chance to sample one of Ronald McDonald’s lobster rolls? Only available in places like Canada, where lobster is plentiful and cheap, the fast-food giant promises: “100% Atlantic Lobster meat is what this classic is all about. "It’s the perfect combination of diced celery, light salad dressing and shredded lettuce all on a soft roll. You’ll miss it when it’s gone, so catch it while summer’s here.”
If this is the case could someone please ship me a case?

And thank you to Luke Haynes for taking the photo of some of the quilts and wall hangings currently on display at the Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum in Golden, Colorado.



Luke's Madame X is on the right and Andy and my Cosmo's Moon is hanging on the left.

If you are reading this blog and just so happen to be somewhere along my route in Australia please feel free to drop me a line at jsmith58@gmail.com. Certainly would welcome it.

Trying to be healthy,

And enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment