Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Day 19 ¾ - (AD 449 ¾) – Jim's Trek Part III – Couched Miles – Cut Straps and Amoxicillin

Good Day,

I am currently taking a medical leave of absence from my Schwinn 150. Jim's Trek in Victoria, Australia is on hold.

Question – Is amoxicillin supposed to be a cure for something that the doctors are not sure that may or may not be present? And why are the possible side-effects equally as bad as or worse than the supposed issues that the drug is thought to be treating? I am not pharmaceutically challenged but I think I can read. But as I read on about how the drug is supposed to work, this is where I get somewhat confused.

“This drug acts by inhibiting the synthesis of bacterial cell walls. It inhibits cross-linkage between the linear peptidoglycan polymer chains that make up a major component of the cell walls of both Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria.” 

And all this can be figured out by the medical professional by focusing a high powered beam of light down my ears, nose and throat? And I still feel like death warmed-over.


The box is still sitting in the hallway.


I did manage to curt the binding straps. Why, Joe C. does this remind me of a possible quilt design?

And there is a fine yellow dust covering everything outside… Definitely not what we used to call yellow snow when I lived up in Eastern Canada.


If you are reading this blog and just so happen to be somewhere along my route in Australia please feel free to drop me a line at jsmith58@gmail.com. Certainly would welcome it.

Trying to be healthy,

And enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment