Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Day 14 - (AD 444) – Jim's Trek Part III – 21.4 Miles – Over 8,900 Miles at About Bunyan in Australia on My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

This morning on a bright crisp Tampa day, with the sliding glass doors open, I cycled a new 21.4 miles on my Schwinn 150. This is my 14th consecutive day on my Jim’s Trek III journey. I have completed 299.9 miles or 482.5 kilometers. And today I reached 8,916.9 miles and that is just a wee bit farther than the distance from Tampa, Florida to Kolkata (also known as Calcutta), India.

So my question is “How many Schwinn 150s, end-to-end, does it take to encircle the globe at the equator?” Answer - Just about 1,300,000.


This morning I am located on Monaro Highway just north of Bunyan, New South Wales, Australia. I am headed in a southerly direction.

Julia Cameron in her book Walking in This World writes "As artists, we are irrationally, intuitively, and insistently inspired. Sir Arthur Sullivan attended a traveling exhibition of Japanese art and returned home to write The Mikado." Well of course there is synchronicity happening here. I am reading the book Walking in This World and Yum-Yum was played by Leonora Braham my first cousin 3-times removed. And her name was Lenore Abraham. But it is not just the fact that this was a relative of mine but that Julia Cameron is using something that hits close to home.


The Three Little Maids, Leonora Braham (aka Leonore Abraham) 
center as Yum-Yum, The Mikado, 1885.

Today's task in my morning pages is Exactly The Way I Am. I was required to list 50 specific and positive things that I like and approve about myself exactly the way I am. These likeable traits can be physical, mental, spiritual, personal, or even professional. I really had to think about this list but I certainly had a change when I wrote them down.

I found a book that I have got to read, The Jewish-Japanese Sex & Cook Book and How to Raise Wolves by Jack Douglas. And there is a connection through Amazon; Hardcover $524.99; Paperback $199.95. I am gonna track this one down.

Oh and I got an email this morning from FedEx. Something is on its way.

If you are reading this blog and just so happen to be somewhere along my route in Australia please feel free to drop me a line at jsmith58@gmail.com. Certainly would welcome it.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment