Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Day 8 - (AD 438) – Jim's Trek Part III – 22.2 Miles – Oallen Ford Road, Australia on My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

This morning I cycled 22.2 miles on my Schwinn 150. I burned 662 calories which now ties down about a 650 daily average.


Today I am now located on Oallen Ford Road. I am so glad that there are road signs. I suppose the road will veer to the right as I continue east on my way to my next goal point in about 63 miles, 101 kms.

And just what is happening on this planet…again?

Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them
  Volley'd and thunder'd;
Storm'd at with shot and shell,
Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of Hell
  Rode the six hundred.


Cain killed his brother Abel. That was then many moons ago. And now once again, a replay, not just 160 years later. We’re still at it.


Cain and Abel, ivory panel from the Cathedral of Salerno, ca. 1084.

I just continue my Trek, real and virtual.

And I did have a great-granduncle Inkerman Samuel Thomas Smith, the youngest son of my great-great grandparents James and Cecilia Jane (née Thomas) Smith, who was baptized 25 March 1855. Check out A Genealogy Hunt.

Warhol’s Itch, our new quilt and wall hanging is certainly taking shape. Threads spools of primary and secondary colors are now being incorporated. We’re trying to prompt a feeling of floating, sort-of.

If you are reading this blog and just so happen to be somewhere along my route in Australia please feel free to drop me a line at jsmith58@gmail.com. Certainly would welcome it.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment