Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, March 28, 2014

Day 32 - (AD 462) – Jim's Trek Part III – 21.0 Miles – Oakleigh, Victoria, Australia on my Schwinn 150

Good Day,

Jim’s Trek Pageviews have topped 34,008.  And this morning I cycled another 21.0 miles on my Schwinn 150.

I am now located in Oakleigh, another suburb of Melbourne, Victoria. Population is about 7,600 and Oakleigh, from what I have read, was absorbed into the metropolis of Melbourne in the 1950s. I am on Princes Highway or National Route Alternate 1. It looks like I may be able to stop for a check up on the left. I wonder if they’ll check my Schwinn 150?


I am now only 10.0 miles from my next chosen destination goal. And my blood sugar count this morning is 99. I have been diabetes meds free for a total of 253 days.

An interesting article on BloombergBusinessweek by Dune Lawrence this morning. The article is How Scammers Turn Google Maps Into Fantasy Land. Does this affect my virtual Jim’s Trek? Possibly.  But my Trek has the real part, the exercise on my Schwinn 150 and I can definitely see the results.

And Governor Rick Scott, in Tampa today, needs to learn how to spin his supposed results when he is taking credit for job growth. If “state economists have said a big reason for the unemployment rate decline is that people are leaving the labor force or had delayed their search.” (TBO/The Tampa Tribune – AP, March 28, 2014.) Bossman Governor needs to learn how to read and include all the jobless numbers.

Spin, spin, spin. From Forbes, The Death of ‘Spin’ (Will It Kill The Future of Public Relations?), Cheryl Connor, February 13, 2014 “Political Spin: Politicians Abducting Citizens. There are too many examples in this category to number. Broken rules. Broken laws. Dishonest representations. Disillusioned readers and voters pay the terrible cost.

Our new quilt and wall hanging H-1 quilting has been completed. The binding is now being attached. It truly is an amazing work. Drafts of the design for our new H-2 are being completed.

If you are reading this blog and just so happen to be somewhere along my route in Australia please feel free to drop me a line at jsmith58@gmail.com. Certainly would welcome it.

Trying to be healthy,

And enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment