Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Day 22 - (AD 452) – Jim's Trek Part III – 22.0 Miles – Wombat Creek, Victoria on my Schwinn 150

Good Day,

This morning I cycled 22.0 miles on my Schwinn 150. I have now reached 9,088.5 miles, 14,626.6 kilometers. Only 911.5 miles until I touch the 10,000 mile mark… and I think I will do that before my 63rd birthday.


This morning on my virtual Trek I am still headed west on Princes Highway and I am just a bit beyond Wombat Creek in Victoria.


Something I learned today is that this is primarily one of the only areas in the world, (the red area), where the wombat lives in the wild. And I now know that wombats can weigh between 40 and 80 pounds when full grown. That is some large guinea pig. (TB, don’t you think that The Princess needs one?)

I am still congested and whatever it was that I had, cycling on my Schwinn 150 and the exercise has certainly helped me to recover at a somewhat faster rate. The exercise and a diet of soups and chowder, mainly of chicken and turkey. The ginger, horseradish and Scotch Bonnets have certainly helped.


And Happy Holi Day. Celebrate the colors of your life.

I wonder where some people get their ideas fixed in their grey matter. Faith is great but blind stupidity is just ridiculous. I wonder if Dr. John Smid of Texas, (damn, that name is just too close for comfort), has caught up with the with the book burnings by Athanasius in 357 AD? In today's vernacular, forget the scrolls and just melt down the CDs and DVDs.

The box in the hallway is now opened. What's the buzz? Tell me what's a'happenin'.

Our Glowing and our Double Entendre afghans are both are on their way to their new destinations and homes. Started Afghan Number 5. This one is a combo traditional and contemporary design. Follow Afghans SB for updates and details at http://afghansb.blogspot.com/.

And wait until you see our H-1 quilt and wall hanging.  BB you may want this one for your new place in Chicagoland.

If you are reading this blog and just so happen to be somewhere along my route in Australia please feel free to drop me a line at jsmith58@gmail.com. Certainly would welcome it.

Trying to be healthy,

And enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment