Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Day 23 - (AD 453) – Jim's Trek Part III – 21.5 Miles – Lake Bunga, Victoria on my Schwinn 150

Good Day,

Today, on this 453rd day since I began cycling on my Schwinn 150 on December 2, 2012, I have now cycled 9,110.0 miles, the equivalent of 14,661.2 kilometers. This morning I cycled another 21.5 miles. I burned 639 calories and I completed 100 sit-ups. Not bad for a fellow who is now 62 years and 3 months old.


And two more orchids are blooming on the pool deck.


This morning I am ignoring the Google Maps’ Trek suggestion and I am changing my route to my next destination and goal. At Nowa Nowa instead of going northwest onto C620 I turned southwest and I am continuing to follow Princes Highway. I am now located at the intersection of Princes Highway and Lake Bunga Beach Road.  I am now in Lake Bunga.

Just wondering if in each decade there is a good feeling song that sort of incites everyone who listens to it to smile and feel content with their world. Pharrell Williams' “Happy”, Bobby Ferrin’s “Don’t Worry, Be Happy”, and “If You’re Happy and You Know It” by Alfred B. Smith and by Isaak Dunayevsky, just to name a few.

My blood sugar was up a bit this morning at 103. Must have been the chocolate milkshake I had to have late last night. I’m still holding at an average blood sugar count for the month of 94.4. This translates to an approximate A1c of a wee bit less than 5.0%. And I have not returned to my diabetes medications since last July.

Oh and last night for supper I had a craving for cod and pasta. And so I whipped up a plate of Cod Penne alla Puttanesca.

As I have said before it is imperative for me to watch and enjoy some sort of video companionship while I am on cycling on my Schwinn 150. As long as there is no commercial or meaningless interruption I am very content to just cycle and keep committed to my mode of exercise. I have just finished the 17th episode of Season 1 of Fringe. And now only 83 more episodes to go.


I have now taken the instructions’ booklet from the box. Anticipation.

If you are reading this blog and just so happen to be somewhere along my route in Australia please feel free to drop me a line at jsmith58@gmail.com. Certainly would welcome it.

Trying to be healthy,

And enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment