Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, May 3, 2013

Day 150 – Jim’s Trek – 150 Days on My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

Today, I completed 21.0 miles, and I killed 601 calories... that is, according to the gizmo reporting system on my Schwinn 150. I am located, still in Manitoba on the Yellowhead Highway. I am northeast of Macdonald, Manitoba. And there is truly nothing here but flat land and plains for as far as my eye can see.


If I follow the most recent CDC’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly ReportI and my Trek is almost doing the amount of weekly exercise for me and about six other Americans. But I guess I’m sort of falling short on the muscle-strengthening activities. Maybe some sit-ups? Today

RoboBees are coming. I’ve been wondering about the stories that some scientists at Harvard have created the smallest flying robot the size of a fly. I mean if they wanted flies or mosquitos that much, all they had to do was come to my backyard and gather as many mosquitos as they want.

And how propos is this morning’s viewing pleasure, Starship Troopers. The world is fighting its possible of annihilation from the alien species of oversized and mutant bugs and insects. Definitely a bit larger than the Harvard Robobees. Wonder if they, the Robobees may be a precursor to what’s left to come.

I’ve been asked for the recipe that I used for the Montreal Dry Garlic Spareribs. Here’s the one I used –
Montreal Dry Garlic Spareribs

Ingredients:

- 3 pounds spareribs (either tips or baby back cut in half) ( I only did 1 pound)

Sauce:
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar (I used ½ cup)
- 1 ½ cups water (I used 1 cup)
- 4 - 5 garlic cloves
- 1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce (I used about 2)
- 1 ½ tablespoons dry mustard (I used Coleman’s)

Method:
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Cut the spareribs apart. The ribs are cut to about one inch.
- Add them to the boiling water, cover them and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- While the spareribs are simmering, mix together the sauce ingredients.
- When the spareribs are cooked, drain them, clean the pot and add the sauce to the pot.
- Bring it to a boil and add the spareribs.
- Simmer for about 45 minutes until the sauce thickens.

*The recipe is very adaptable. You can use more spareribs and adjust the other ingredients accordingly.

Oh and by the way, Andy and I just received the news that our EssbeeCon quilt was awarded a Judge’s Choice Award at the Denver National Quilt Festival VIII “Above & Beyond”. Here is the link to the list of Winners. Check out my update at Quilts SB.

Be healthy, and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment