Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Day 172 – Jim’s Trek – 20.5 Miles – Still in Saskatchewan on My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

I’ve been a wee bit tardy on posting of Jim's Trek on my Schwinn 150 today. Just back in from my SAQA meeting. BUT, I did complete my cycling this morning of 20.5 miles, and I burned 609 calories. I am still in Saskatchewan and the landscape is still somewhat boring… unless you like flat land.


I am headed south on Highway 2 and just about five miles north of Moose Jaw. At Moose Jaw, tomorrow, I will turn toward the west, once again in the direction of my final goal of Seattle, Washington. I have now completed 3,146.4 miles on my Schwinn 150 Trek.


Very interesting movie last night, Cloud Atlas. This 2012 film with Tom Hanks, Halle Berry, Jim Broadbent, Hugo Weaving, Susan Sarandon, Hugh Grant, to name a few, is a trip through time with six stories through seven time periods. The stories begin in 1849 and continue through 2321. All the tales and human histories are interrelated and interwoven. It is that type of film presentation that I know I will have to watch again, and again.

This morning’s viewing pleasure on my Trek was the 3rd part of the first Harry Potter film. It is amazing, when one takes some time to think about how the Harry Potter films will not necessarily ever get old… that is unless the films of the near future will be of a holographic genre. I remember seeing my first holographic presentation, of a ballerina, in a museum in Fredericton, New Brunswick. I was thoroughly amazed and intrigued.

The top, without borders, of our new Double Entendre Afghan is now half done. All-things-being-equal I should be able to finish the second half in a couple of days. Work progresses on the design of the quilting pattern for our new quilt The Amulet. Design continues on Tampa Kaleidoscope.  Follow our progress on Quilts SB.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment