Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Day 166 – Jim’s Trek – Alleluia! 3,000 Miles – Yeah!

Good Day,

Day 166 on my Schwinn 150 and I top 3,000 miles. I never thought I would do this. My total miles to-date: 3,019.0. I am located on the Trans-Canada Highway at Esk, Saskatchewan.

From my search and observations, Esk, on the Google mapping application, is a Hamlet. Not much there, and I can’t even find a population count listed. It appears that any Esk numbers may be included in the Jansen, about 6 miles away, numbers. Flat land and farms distantly placed apart. And of course this is where I stopped for the day… The sign does warn me that there are “No Services”.


I now have about 40 miles to go to get to my next Interlake address goal, and 1,148 miles to my ultimate goal in Seattle.

Okay, I do get stymied from time to time. Today is May Ray Day. Weather permitting, accordingly this is the day of May, with any excuse, to get outside and enjoy the sunshine. And yes the sun is shining here in Tampa, and yes I have been in the pool. No discernible information as to who, what, where, when began May Ray Day. I definitely can understand the why. Today is also National Devil’s Food Cake… Not a good celebration when one is trying to reduce one’s diabetes medication. Bah, humbug!

Doctors have agreed on the reduction of my diabetes medication. I am now taking only 25% of what I was taking when I started my Trek. I will be monitoring my blood sugar counts for the next month to see if there is a positive trend resulting from my exercise and diet. Counts were up a wee bit this morning, but I sort of expected that with the first day of the change. I definitely will now be aware of fried foods.

This morning’s viewing pleasure, first part, is the 2009 film Valhalla Rising. The star is Mads Mikkelsen who is currently involved in the television production of Hannibal. Valhalla Rising takes place about 1000 AD about a one-eyed Norse warrior and his travels.  The goal is a crusade but they seem to get lost.  A very strong visual presentation with minimal dialogue.

Immediate work continues on our Astro-Physics, Tampa Kaleidoscope, The Amulet, and Double Entendre. Stay tuned to updates at Quilts SB.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment