Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Day 151 – Jim’s Trek – 20.0 Miles – Still in Manitoba – 1 Hour and 4 Minutes

Good Day,

Well I cycled this morning 20.0 miles on my Schwinn 150. My time 1 hour and 4 minutes and I burned 608 calories. And I reached another goal; my total miles 2,705.4, just over the 2,700 mark. Today Jim’s Trek received over 11,000 Pageviews since its beginning on November 28, 2012. Not bad.



I am still in the farmlands of Manitoba and I am now 2,129 miles from my home address in Tampa. I am on the Yellowhead Highway just west of the southwestern end of Lake Manitoba. And I am about 4 miles from Gladstone, Manitoba, also known as Happy Rock. I am now approximately 350 miles from my next Interlake address goal.

Spent the mid-afternoon with CK and JK at the swimming pool. CK’s actually doing quite well considering he’s the youngest in his swimming class and is the only one who hasn’t reached the walking stage of the game. Fish tales and three-meter board in his future. (I’m just one proud Grandpa.)

Today’s viewing pleasure was part two of Starship Troopers. Humankind versus alien insects; humans win, sort of. I guess this opened the door for the next possible sequels. Just wondering if I can time my cycling to the clicking of the bugs on film. And now to find my next movie or serial to keep me company along my Schwinn 150 Trek.


Made myself some Won-ton soup for supper last night – chicken and mushroom dumplings, baby bok choy, green onion, ginger, garlic, soya sauce and chicken broth, and toasted sesame seeds.

Work continues on our Tampa Kaleidoscope quilt. Check Quilts SB for updates.

Be healthy and enjoy.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment