Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Day 176 – Jim’s Trek – 21.0 Miles - More Saskatchewan

Good Day,

This morning three of The Pack are seated with me in my chair at my PC. The brouhaha of the early morning wake-up and guzzling down of the Kibble is over. Everyone except yours truly is quiet and settling in for their morning siestas.


This morning’s Trek cycling takes me 21.0 miles further in my journey. I am on the Trans-Canada Highway in Saskatchewan just south of the Town of Herbert. The population is about 750. It is also the home to the Herbert Stampede.


In the far distance I can see the provincial border.

And now for my soapbox - His extreme and unctuous potentate, the current Governor of Florida has now signed the wimpiest and most ineffective law, as created by the current sitting Legislators. It is Florida's "No texting and driving" law. Our Florida officials cannot present citations specifically for texting while driving, but have to stop a driver for some other reason in order to cite the secondary charge of texting. Guess this State will NEVER get out of the Dark Ages.

It was not until about the year 2000 that the open container law became effective for operators and passengers of motor vehicles (FS 316.1936). Do not expect Florida Legislature to be at any point up-to-date and comprehensive of any real issues of any thing... especially something as dangerous as texting and driving.



Supper last night – Cheese Ravioli with Sausage, Onion and Peppers; Salad – Watermelon, Spinach, and Feta. The thing is the food is really good, especially the Watermelon Salad. Previously I was not a fan of watermelon… and now I am trying to discover and explore ways to make it be the primary ingredient in a dish. So far, two for two.

Part two of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban was in-cycle entertainment this morning. Peter Pettigrew is introduced. Time travel and changing into animals is a wee bit confusing

The work on the cluster for Astro-Physics has been completed. Now the placement of the remaining planets and stars on the background is next on the bill-of-fare. Double Entendre is now 40” long. Only 20” to crochet on the inner top.  Check out progress at Quilts SB.

Be healthy and enjoy.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment