Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Friday, May 31, 2013

Day 178 – Jim’s Trek – 21.2 Miles – Spending My Cycling Time in Saskatchewan

Good Day,

This morning on my Trek I cycled on my Schwinn 150 21.2 miles. I burned 605 calories. Since April 6 I have been averaging daily, 604 calories. Today I cycled along the Trans-Canada Highway to a location just north of a family of Lakes: Gander, Goose and Gosling. I am actually due north of the kid, Gosling Lake. All-things-being-equal, at this meridian of Saskatchewan, it does not appear that the scenery changes all too much.


Today I have now completed my sixth month of my Trek on my Schwinn 150. Yes I am a wee be amazed that I have cycled every day excepting one. I have noticed some drastic as well as some subtle changes to this 61 ½ year old body and mind. And I am definitely better for the wear… My next appointment with my Cardiologist will most undeniably realize some positive reactions.

I am amazed this morning. Google News listed only one, yes that is correct, only one sports headline on their summary page of local news for Tampa, Florida. Typically it is up to and well over 50% of the number of headlines are sports related. Today only 1 out of 20. I am flabbergasted.

An article by Eric Black caught my eye on the MinnPost site – “With Bachmann not running, Jim Graves pulls out of the 6th District race.” Accordingly Mr. Graves states, as reported, “Basically, after all that’s gone on, and with Michele Bachmann now stepping down, I’ve been talking to my friends and family and frankly, the feeling is, ‘Mission Accomplished.’ She wasn’t representing the people of the 6th District appropriately, and now she won’t be representing them. There’s no way anyone could run and win who would be worse than Michele Bachmann. So we accomplished that task… I’m not a politician; I’m a business guy,” he said. “Now there are zero things on my agenda that I feel a need to do in public life.” I salute Mr. Jim Graves. A politician with a goal set… A goal accomplished!!!

Part two of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire included the second two challenges of the Triwizard Tournament… Mermaids, funky half-human octopus type things in the water, and an attacking hedge in the maze corridors.


Our work is progressing astoundingly well in the incorporation of the planets and stars with the background fabric of our Astro-Physics quilt and wall hanging. Thirteen more inches on Double Entendre afghan to go. Yesterday I spent some time working on the scheduling of our efforts, quilts and afghans. Follow our progress and updates at Quilts SB.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment