Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, May 6, 2013

Day 153 – Jim’s Trek – 20.0 Miles – I’m Still in Manitoba on My Schwinn 150

Good Day,

I completed 20.0 miles today on my Schwinn 150 Trek. My total miles on this 153rd day now equal 2,747.0. Not much difference today except for the fact that I am still headed west on the Yellowhead Highway, also the Trans-Canada Highway. The road is empty of traffic, this morning, but at least there is a break in the flat roadside plains views, a couple patches of woods.

Only 310 miles left to go to my next Interlake address goal. And I calculate that I have 1,108 miles to my ultimate Seattle goal.

And today is No Diet Day… What can I say? It is supposed be an awareness day of how to eat properly, without a restrictive diet, and have a healthy relationship with food.

Last night's supper was the best supper dish I have ever prepared. I swear that this goes down as the most bestest thing I have ever had… and I’m not the type of a person who turns cartwheels over food. The dish was Spaghetti Pan-Fried with Ramps and Mint. So simple to make and the first time I have ever had ramps.

And this morning, second part of Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. Okay I now think I understand the underlying premise of the movie which was to present a possible alternate theory for the wherefores and whys of the Civil War. Premise, the Southern States were in the hands of the pro-slavery owners. A good portion of the southern owners were vampires. The vampires needed the blood of the slaves and a land of their own to survive. The powers that be did not want slavery to end as this would “dry up” the source of nourishment for the vampires. Abraham Lincoln was a monkey wrench in the stream of vampire regional domination. Somewhat a ridiculous precept and theory. This was a typical action-type movie, just with a twist.

Now to search for my next Trek viewing pleasure.

Work on our Tampa Kaleidoscope quilt continues. Check out the latest images on Quilts SB.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim.

No comments:

Post a Comment