Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Monday, May 27, 2013

Day 174 – Jim’s Trek – 21.5 Miles – In Saskatchewan on This Memorial Day

Good Day and remember on this Memorial Day,

Today I cycled 21.5 miles on my Schwinn 150 on my Trek from Tampa to Seattle. I am somewhere in Saskatchewan on the Trans-Canada Highway at a point almost halfway between Pelican and Chaplin Lakes. The landscape has changed a wee bit, sort of like low-lying rolling hills. And I am about 469 miles from my next Interlake address goal.


I have now lost 9.2 pounds and I seem to be maintaining my reasonable ranges of blood sugar numbers, even with the reduction in my diabetes medications.


The above map is an approximate and direct route map of my Trek on this 174th day.  It does not include all my Interlake address goal points.  "A" is Tampa, "C" is Seattle, and "B" is where I have made it today. To date I have completed 3,189.3 miles.


And today is also Cellophane Tape Day. I just learned that there are Scotch Tape Sculpture contests. Contestants are judged on: Execution; Creativity; and Presentation. Grand prize $5,000.00. Only in America… Go for it! And yes the bike was one of the 2012 winners.



The second half of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets was my viewing companion this morning on my Trek. And according to Albus Dumbledore “It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment