Jim's Trek V, my exercise journey now on my Schwinn 170 from Tampa to parts unknown...

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Day 175 – Jim’s Trek – 21.5 Miles – Less Than 1,000 Miles Left, Maybe…

Good Day,

Today’s Trek cycling on my Schwinn 150 was briefly interrupted by an electric power company blackout. Damn TECO! One would think that after living in this house for 29 years Tampa Electric would get it right. So far these past two weeks, there has been a power surge almost every single day. But if I digress into the benefits, or lack thereof, of TECO my blood pressure will begin to escalate.


Adding the two pieces together, before and after the power surge, I cycled on my Schwinn 150 21.5 miles. I burned 621 calories. Today I am still in Saskatchewan, and on the Trans-Canada Highway.

My stats –

Total Direct Miles to Seattle   To Date TD Miles Remaining   % TD Miles Completed   Interlake Miles to Seattle   Weight (lbs)  
3,301.0 3,210.8 955.1 77.1% 4,165.9 162.6


Last night’s supper was grilled Italian sausage; corn on the cob; and a Tremendous, with a capital "T", kidney and pinto, watermelon, and onion salad; and apple pie with cheddar cheese. I would definitely make the salad a second time. After 10 days of reduced diabetes medication, my blood sugar levels average 103.1 mg/dL.

And today is not necessarily a special day for those who have a great hunger … It is Hamburger Day. I did that on Monday; grilled, and I had two. They tasted so good, with cheese and tomato and onion and lettuce and pickle and mayo and potato sticks… And I like hamburgers. But I have to keep saying to myself 44 down to 34-and-a-half.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, number three in the Harry Potter series for this morning's, with interruption, viewing pleasure.  And this morning I am introduced to Dementors, Professors Lupin and Trelawney, Buckbeak, and Sirius Black, to name a few. This film, of the eight Harry Potter films, grossed the lowest…



Working on some new quilt proposals/commissions. You’ll have to tune into Quilts SB to discover and read the forthcoming updates. And we still have our critics... to the Max.

Be healthy and enjoy,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment